Here's me with my little girl yesterday morning - I'm so proud to be her mommy...
Now, enough about that...(sniff sniff, wipe the tears away...)
Here are a few things you may not know about me...
1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to eat - not just sweets, not just junk food, but EVERYTHING - salad, fruit, vegetables, everything...love love love it!!! (Let's just say thank goodness that above photo is not a full body shot...;))
2. I grew up without a middle name - when I got married I changed my name to include my maiden name as my middle name.
3. Whenever I eat at a restaurant, I try to order something I've never had before and would never make at home...dangerous sometimes...
4. I love getting into a hot car in the summertime...seriously...I love it - it makes me feel secure...strange, huh?
5. All three of my kids have last names for their first names.
6. I played "Sandy" in our high school production of "Grease" - that was sooo much fun.
7. I read for at least 1/2 hour every night before I go to sleep.
8. I hoard fabric & scrapbook paper...TLC should do a show about me.
9. I love to exercise, but I rarely do it...(another reason to be thankful that the above shot is not full-body)
10. My Great-Grandmother was friends with Margaret Hamilton, the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz...no, really, she was.
So, there - now you know me just a little bit better...;)
And finally! A fun new series I hope to start early next week!!!
I just recently received a copy of Sandi Henderson's book, Sewing Bit & Pieces.
Can I just say...ummmm....WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I love Sandi - she is just an amazing designer and she seems so down to earth. Her new book is really fantastic - 35 projects to make all with FABRIC SCRAPS!!! This is a book I desperately needed - I have scraps overrunning my little crafting space - truly, they are everywhere. Sooo...this is what I want to do - in the spirit of the movie, Julie and Julia, I plan to go through all of the projects in Sandi's book and blog about them. 1 project per week (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less) - start to finish. Some weeks I will give away the project I make &, at the end of the series, I will give away a copy of Sandi's book...so, what do you think? Sound fun???? I think so - plus it will give me a reason to finally sit down and actually DO all of the fun projects I want to do...
Have a copy of the book & wanna do these with me? Let me know - we'll do them together and post photos of everyone's projects! Yay!!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! And Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms out there...the world wouldn't work without you...never doubt yourselves - you're perfect.