One of my favorite parts about scrapbooking is recording the little details...the story behind the photos. Not just the date & place (although sometimes that's really all a photo needs), but the story...the reasons...the why that photo was taken.
If you could use a little inspiration in the journaling department, have I got a class for you...
Yep. Grammar-FREE Journaling.
No long stories...just journaling in new and unique ways. Get those stories down without spending hours searching for the right words!
The amazing and incredibly talented Angie Lucas will be teaching this class for the second time starting July 24...
Here's a little more info...straight from the BPC website...
Grammar-Free JournalingTell fun new stories with 12 unique journaling strategies—no paragraphs required!
What if I like to write 15 paragraphs for every layout? Lengthy, soul-searching journaling is wonderful for certain stories. But there are many other stories that are better told using a list, a quiz, a chart, a single sentence, or even a little strategy I like to call "painless poetry." You'll like it!
What if I'm not a very good writer? A: You're better than you think you are. B: You don't have to be a great writer for this class; that's the beauty of going grammar free! C: You should always have at least three items in a list. (There's a little taste of the invaluable writing tips in store for you in this workshop!)
Will I walk away from this workshop with at least 12 completed layouts and dozens more stories that I can't wait to sit down and scrapbook? Yes.
Will there be pop quizzes? There will be quizzes. But students are expected to provide their own soft drinks.
Grammar Free Journaling is back for another run! This workshop includes:
- Six informative videos from Angie
- A Grammar-Free Journaling Handbook you'll refer to throughout the class and perhaps for the rest of your life
- 12 individual strategies, each illustrated by two or more scrapbook layouts, with clear ideas to try at home
- 34 example layouts, most designed by Angie, with guest designers Wendy Smedley, Elizabeth Dillow, Maddie Dillow, Gracie Dillow, and Bridget Dillow
- A free 90-page copy of List It! Everyday Life printable prompted lists—a value of $9.99
- Bonus downloadable (and printable) quizzes and lists
- Email access to Angie during the four-week class period
- Message board to share your thoughts with your classmates
- Gallery for sharing your work
- Handy dandy blog buttons so you can spread the grammar-free love
- One live chat with Angie
- New for 2014: Four fabulous contributors will share a new take on each of the 12 challenges. Introducing Natalie Elphinstone, Maggie Massey, Jennifer Gallacher, and Donna Jannuzzi!
You may have noticed someone familiar up there in the "contributors" section???
YEP! It's me!
This is, without question, one of the coolest classes I've ever seen...and the projects I created for it are some of my favorite ever. Really...the ideas Angie presents in the class are so fun...so inspiring...so doable. They will stretch you creatively, but without any real thinking...in other words, you'll be learning while you're having tons of fun.
AND...I'm GIVING AWAY a seat to one of my followers!
There are two ways to enter...1) leave a comment on this blog post. PLEASE include your email address so that I can contact you if you are the winner. 2) find my Instagram post about this giveaway (look for my sneak photo above...) (@maggie_massey_) and follow those directions. Easy peasy!
ONE MORE THING! If you, like me, are not patient enough to see if you're the winner...or if you just want to hurry up and make sure you get your seat, I'm also offering a $7 discount to anyone who registers through my blog, and with the code "GOGRAMMAR" - yep! $7 off your registration!
Just click the image below to be taken right to the sign-up page!
I so hope to see you in class!